Looking for opportunities to develop your career and leadership potential in the health sector?
Develop strategic, analytical and management skills essential for you to advance your career in the health sector.
With a focus on aged care within the global health sector, our course looks at real world examples to deliver teaching that is practical and relevant to your career. If you would like to advance your career in the health sector, postgraduate studies in Healthcare Management will help you achieve your goals.
Are you 23 years old and above with at least 4 years of working experience in health or aged care sector, and possess a recognised degree or a diploma in Nursing, Allied Health or Healthcare related field?
If so, you are eligible to enrol in the programme!
March & July* intake (*Diploma graduates to join the July intake)
About the Master of Health Administration Course
The Master of Health Administration course aims to enhance the competencies of middle level health service managers, equipping them to move to more senior management positions.
This 24-month part-time MHA programme is 100% coursework and assignment-based. The mode of delivery is online learning, weekend workshops by fly-in faculty and weekend/evening tutorials supported by local faculty.
The course consists of 11 modules:
• Leadership in Health and Aged Care
• Leading Organisations in Health and Aged Care
• Financial Management and Economics in Health Care
• Corporate Communications in Health and Aged Care
• Health and Aged Care Systems and Policy
• Health Law and Ethics
• Safety and Quality in Health Care
• Health Informatics
• Health and Aged Care Operations Management
• Strategic Leadership and Management in Health and Aged Care
• Management Project
Our Course Offers You…
• A balance between essential theory and management tools
• Teaching faculty with senior management experience
• Study and networking with peers in a convenient location
• Assessment tasks that address current issues in your workplace
• Convenience of online learning combined with face-to-face workshops
• 100% coursework / assignment-based postgraduate qualification
Why Choose This Course?
• Strong foundational subjects in Leadership, HRM, Organisational Behaviour and Finance. Cutting-edge developments in areas such as Operations Management, Health Informatics, Design Thinking and Innovation.
• Flinders faculty has strong practical management experience and is supported by both industry-based lecturers and academic leaders. Course content is updated constantly and stays relevant to the needs of practicing healthcare managers.
• Taught by Flinders faculty and supplemented by local faculty to ensure relevance to the Singapore Health System and also provide both local and international perspective relevant to the health sector.
• Teaching methods, content, class times and location is designed to be flexible to suit our learners’ needs with a combination of block workshops, evening classes and online discussions.
• Optional enrolment in Flinders University short courses in Adelaide (Lean Thinking and Clinical Process Redesign) in lieu of one of the selected Singapore topics.
• Option to receive a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma, which can be converted to a Master of Health Administration at a later date by re-joining the programme.
• Accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM).
“As strategic communication professionals in the healthcare field, understanding what matters most to our clinicians, nurses and their patients definitely adds value to what and how we communicate. The course [Master of Healthcare Administration] has given me ample opportunities to network and interact with other healthcare professionals, eager to make a difference by sharing their experiences and insights on advanced issues in healthcare management, aged care, ethics and public policy.”
Ms Celene Ting, Assistant Manager, Hospice Sector
Date: 28 January 2019
Time: 6.30pm to 8.00pm
Venue: Mount Elizabeth Medical Center (Seminar Room), 3 Mount Elizabeth Singapore 228510
Speaker: Professor Arthur van Deth from Flinders University, Australia
Light refreshments will be provided so feel free to come with your colleagues, friends or family members.
Please register your attendance so that we can fully prepare for the event.
Can I bring my colleagues, friends or family members?
Your colleagues, friends or family members are welcome to attend and they will need to register a ticket under General Admission or Accompanying Guests.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Please alight at Orchard MRT Station and walk along Mount Elizabeth Road, between Lucky Plaza and Paragon Shopping Centre.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please show either a printed ticket or flash the ticket on your mobile phone.
Can I update or cancel my registration?
Please update your registration details and status via EventBrite.
Is my registration ticket transferrable?
Interested parties may obtain a new ticket on EventBrite.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact us at by clicking here.
VIEW MORE INFORMATION AT OUR WEBSITE