General Assembly welcomes companies to meet graduates of our Data Science Immersive Programs. Our Data Scientists / Analysts will be on hand to show off their projects, and are available to chat about job opportunities (GA does not charge any placement fees).
Come and let the newest Data talent in town show you that they mean business.
About Our Students
While our graduates all display a common set of skills and competencies, they each bring their own backgrounds and interests to their work as Data experts. What you can expect are a group of proactive, creative and collaborative graduates.
Data Science Immersive Graduates
– Have a technical skillset that includes Python, Git, SQL, Machine Learning, Data Modeling, Spark and Hadoop
– Have knowledge of the data science process: ETL, Feature Selection, Model Validation and Optimization
– Have the ability to make sense of, convey data-driven facts from massive data sets, and predict what happens next through predictive modeling and pattern recognition
– Are able to use appropriate data visualization tools such as Matplotlib and Jupyter Notebook to communicate findings to stakeholders
– Have applied critical thinking, analysis and modeling skills to real world data problems in fields like finance, human capital and eCommerce
What’s in it for you?
Priority access to the industry’s freshest talent.
The event is structured as a reverse job fair. Graduates will be stationed at tables, showcasing their individual and team projects. Employers are free to engage each grad at their discretion. Graduates are looking for paid employment, apprenticeship roles, and many are open to either/both. Please discuss your preferences for hiring with graduates as you meet them. Try to view as many graduate portfolios as possible during the event – moving around the space will ensure you get the greatest exposure to the range of skill sour graduates have to offer.
You will receive a hardcopy graduate Profile Book at the event. We’ll also email you a digital version of the Profile Book following the event so that you can share with your colleagues, or click through to student portfolios.
Companies who have hired GA grads around the world
BBDO, Boston Globe Media, WSJ Custom Studios, Thoughtworks, PWC, Fairfax, Standard Chartered Bank, Sephora, and many more.
Please note: this is an exclusive event for companies who are looking to hire our General Assembly immersive graduates only.
Questions about the event?
Please contact [email protected]